Oh yeah! It’s finally out on subs, it’s Nodame Cantabile and it’s taken my anime viewing time like a storm! For all of you who didn’t quite get it yet, I loved the first season but didn’t blog it because, well, I hadn’t started my anime blog when the first season aired.
– Nodame & Shinichi settle into their boarding house.
– They meet the resident music students; Frank and Tanya.
– Shinichi brings Nodame out for a night of french cuisine, with both ending up very drunk.
– Frank, having known Nodame from the exams earlier on invites Nodame into his room. Like her he’s a big fan of Purigorota, unlike her however, he doesn’t learn french from watching french dubs of the show.
– Tanya however bites of more than she can chew when she tries to woo Shinichi, who ends up coaching her on her piano skills like he does Nodame.
Awesome first episode. Talk about starting things with a bang! Right from the beginning I was constantly reminded that Shinichi and Nodame are no longer in japan, hilarity was at it’s best, the music as great as I remembered it and the animation even more sultry.
I just loved how they started off the first episode with Shinichi introducing Nodame, clueless as ever, to france. If her reactions were any funnier I’d be hard pressed to write a decent review. That said, it was pretty hilarious to see Nodame trying to gulp down the escargot, I’m not even going to get started with her french dictionary. “help! Help! I’m being raped” xD
This episode also showcased Nodame’s impressive ability to play by hearing, as in the first season. Learning french by watching Purigorota was pretty awesome, although not so much for Frank. Lets not forget the new characters; Frank and Tanya, who seem to be the average social misfits (think first season) that somehow come into contact with the duo. That comment on Japan’s economic strength was also pretty funny, yet somehow morbidly true.
The Op and Ed this season sound pretty good too although they don’t even come close to sounding as good as last seasons picks.
So, for a first episode this episode really did deliver and like I said earlier, I’ll be blogging this. However, I’m still unsure of the series I’ll be picking to replace Natsume Yuujin Chou this season. I guess I’ll just have to wait. So until next time God bless you guys! =D